Welcome to our next installment of WORKSPACE WEDNESDAY, our series on craft room organization and how to customize it for YOUR needs. This week we are going to focus on what is in your craft room so you have a master list of all the supplies that you need to have organized.
Your Creative 15 challenge this week is to complete our checklist so you know what inventory items you need to organize.
If you missed last week’s post and survey to help you start thinking about how you craft and how that affects your organization, CLICK HERE.
How do you know what you need to organize? What is in your craft room?
We need to create a distinction between the different parts of our inventory as they will need to be stored differently unless you have a very small craft inventory.
- Supplies –
- These are items that are used multiple times and provide the base for all our projects
- Albums, flips flaps, page protectors, notebooks, etc all fit into this category.
- Papers –
- This will consist of all types of paper that you own.
- Art papers, cardstock, foil paper, glitter paper, patterned paper, greeting card blanks, pocket cards, etc.
- Idea –
- Where do you get your inspiration from?
- Challenges (See our WEEKLY CHALLENGE), classes, color schemes, pinterest, etc.
- Tools –
- What items in our craft room do we use over and over?
- Punches, metal dies, scissors, stamps, stencils, etc are all examples of these
- Coloring Tools –
- These are typically items that we do use over and over, but will need to be replaced at some point when they run out.
- Inks, embossing powders, glitter, markers, pens, etc.
- Embellishments –
- This is the broadest of all categories and includes anything that we might use in our projects
- Stickers, Brads, metals, washi, veneers, acrylics, etc. are all examples here.
I have created a inclusive checklist HERE (or click on the image above), that will help you get a head start on listing out all of the types of supplies that you have. The checklist will remain open until 05/31/2023 and completing the checklist will enter you to win our June Stamp of the Month. I will be sending out the results of the checklist at the end of May.
Subscribe to our newsletter & signup for our FREE classes to keep updated on all new organizational and scrapbooking posts.