I haven’t been scrapping in a while, but I’ve been doing quite a few notecards as we travel around as they are easier and don’t require as much “stuff” to be dug out of the cabinets while we are traveling from place to place.
In honor of the recent time that we have spent on the beautiful beaches of Hatteras, North Carolina, I fell in love with this adorable little Beach Crab from the Sea Creatures Collection from FileKutz by LisaJane. I thought he was perfect to grace the front of a little note card. I wanted to mimic the warm sands and beautiful blue waters of the coast so I used a combination of textures on some cardstock to create a warm friendly card.
Warm Wishes NoteCard (General Friendship Card)
- 8 ½ x 11 cardstock – Cream – The Paper Company Mediterranean Fashion Colors – Card Base
- 4 x 5 ¼ Blue panel cardstock – Recollections Jewel collection
- 4 x 2 Tan Cardstock – The Paper Company Neutral collection
- Beach Crab from the Sea Creatures Collection cut file from Filekutz by LisaJane
- Versa Color ink – Royal Blue
- Fiskars clear stamps – Sentiments
- Clear stamp block
- Sizzix texture plate – Distressed
- Sizzix texture plate – Friend
- Mini Mister
- Metal decorative edge ruler
- Dimensional adhesive
Step by Step Instructions:
- Using Friend Sizzix texture plate, emboss the large blue panel with the Sizzix Big Shot Machine – spray with mini mister prior for a deeper embossed image.
- Using Distressed texture plate, emboss the tan cardstock with the Sizzix Big Shot Machine – spray with mini mister prior for a deeper embossed image.
- Tear tan cardstock diagonally using metal edge decorative edge ruler.
- Adhere the card pieces in the following order:
- Blue embossed card panel
- Tan cardstock at top left and bottom right corners
- Crab base
- The following pieces are adhered using dimensional “pop” dots
- Round crab body
- Crab claws (these are right and left so fit them carefully)
- White eyeball with black pupil adhered normally to it
- Stamp Warm Wishes sentiment in top left of tan cardstock with blue Versa Color ink
- Use A2 envelope sized at 4 3/8 x 5 5/8