Wow, we have already made it to week #4 of our weekly challenges, #scrapbooktechniques202304 is your hashtag for this week.
Now lets get to this week’s challenge. This challenge is focused on creating a memory page and must contain the following items:
- Create either a scrapbook layout or a memory journal page
- Focal Points
- This layout should include a recent selfie (i.e. photo of yourself)
- Your story should include 3 of your favorite things right now
- You can use as many papers as you like
- You should include 2 journal cards (i.e. picture my life cards, project life cards, pocket cards, etc)
- This #scrapbooktechniques202304 challenge
- Use an embossing pen and embossing powder to emphasize something on your layout
- I will upload a technique video on Wednesday to show you how I created mine
- Any color combination is great
- Use some type of distressing tool to either your paper, embellishments or photo (think of distressing tools, sandpaper, nail file, edge of your scissors, etc)
- Coloring Tools
- Use an embossing powder to complete your technique assignment
- Add a piece of metal to your layout (metal embellishment, staples, paper clips, pins, etc)
- Creative 15
- Start to sort your clear stamps into how you think of using them (do you search by manufacturer, theme, etc)
- How to enter
- Upload your finished project with the hashtag #scrapbooktechniques202304 to Scrapbook Techniques’ Facebook page
- Your entry must be uploaded by April 30, 2023 in order to qualify for our drawing of the June Stamp of the Month
Lets take a closer look at my poster for this challenge, which documents most of the various components of this week’s scrapbook layout challenge.
- Supplies –
- My layout is a 8.5×11 letter sized layout that will go into my 2023 weekly challenge binder inside a page protector
- Focal Point –
- This is a non photo layout since its all about documenting the challenge.
- SCRAPBOOK TIP: Don’t forget that you can also do non photo layouts to tell a story
- Papers –
- I used one double sided patterned paper from Cosette for the splashes of color in the top and bottom border
- One 12×12 sheet of Toffee cardstock (On sale until the end of April)
- All other papers are either cardstock scraps or my stickers that I printed for the challenge
- Ideas –
- All from this challenge #scrapbooktechniques202304
- Techniques –
- With a very neutral background, I wanted lots of color surrounding my otherwise boring white stickers with our challenge requirements so I pulled out my scraps of cardstock and matched them with the colors in Cosette (where my patterned paper came from) and cut out 2.25×2.25 squares from those scraps and mounted my white cardstock stickers (2×2) right to those.
- I added a few strips of torn patterned paper to my borders (see tools below) to add just a bit more color to this layout.
- Colors –
- I used the Close To My Heart colors of Toffee, Papaya, Pine, Desert Rose, Mulberry, Seabrook, Peach, Mist & last but not least, my favorite Honey Butter
- Tools –
- I created a top and bottom border out of Toffee and punched the edges with a Fiskars scallop border punch.
- To create my borders on the top and bottom, I heavily distressed the edge of my Toffee border so that you could see and distinguish between the layers. I used a simple sand paper tool that I found at Wal-Mart to expose the white cardstock core and make the layer visible.
- Coloring Tools –
- Just a little Papaya ink on my tag containing my logo (printed out on clear sticker paper) was about all the extra color I needed to add to this layout
- Embellishments –
- I used my tiny attacher (small stapler) to attach my ribbon to my tag so I got to use three different embellishments in one cluster.
Here is my completed scrapbook page planner so you can see how it might be used for this challenge.
I can’t wait to see what you create with this challenge and please ask any questions below.
Subscribe to our newsletter & signup for our FREE classes to keep updated on all new organizational and scrapbooking posts.
Please note that affiliate links are used in this post at no additional cost to you. I receive a small amount of compensation when you click through and shop using the provided links. This helps me to continue providing free content. Thank you for supporting my small business!
To shop the supplies listed below, please visit my CLOSE TO MY HEART store.