Tuesday Technique Video #0002 – Coloring Tools – Alter and Embellish your button inventory
Welcome to our scrapbook technique video for this week which supports our weekly challenge of adding texture & interest to your handmade embellishments. In this technique, we will be using our Coloring Tools category to add texture and interest with buttons from our scrapbook inventory and embossing powder. This technique video supports our second weekly challenge. For more information on our weekly challenges, <—- click here.
Today’s technique is all about adding texture and interest to your buttons in your inventory to make them match your current card. I have used these techniques in my examples here.
Here is a quick summary of each of our examples that we will be using today:
- Pink button – Use embossing pens to create a polka dot effect on your button
- Wood button – Use Tim Holtz embossing powder to create a leather like look
- Light Pink Button – Use a clear and a silver tinsel embossing powder to let some original color show through and completely change the color of the button on the other side giving an unique multi-colored button.
If you would like to play along with our video, gather the following supplies (or you can purchase them by clicking on each item in the images below the video):
- Buttons (I recommend grabbing a few so you can experiment and also batch process them to use later)
- Embossing Powder:
- Ranger – Silver Super Fine Embossing Powder (Z2067)
- Ranger – White Super Fine Embossing Powder (Z2068)
- Ranger – Distress Embossing Powder – Walnut Stain
- Embossing Ink Pens (Z3548)
- VersaMark Ink Pad (Z891)
- Sponge Daubers (Z726)
- Anti-Static Pouch (Z4220)
- Heat tool
- All-purpose Mat (Z2045)
Lets get started on our technique! Watch here or click to be taken to our YouTube channel – Don’t forget to subscribe and click the bell so you get updates of each week’s new technique.
Please note that affiliate links are used in this post at no additional cost to you. I receive a small amount of compensation when you click through and shop using the provided links. This helps me to continue providing free content. Thank you for supporting my small business!
To shop the supplies listed below, please visit my CLOSE TO MY HEART store or click on the images below.
I hope this gives you some scrapbook ideas and techniques to try and I look forward to meeting you in our monthly crops.
Subscribe to our newsletter & signup for our FREE classes to keep updated on all new organizational and scrapbooking posts.