Welcome to WORKSPACE WEDNESDAY, our new series on craft room organization and how to customize it for YOUR needs.
This week’s edition of our Workspace Wednesday series explores the topic, How do you scrapbook?, and what does that mean for how you store your craft inventory. This post kicks off our Workspace Wednesday series on how to help you determine how you need to organize your craft room. Check back with us each week (or sign up HERE to get an email), as we slowly but surely get our craft rooms organized into its optimum form for how you scrapbook.
How do you scrapbook?
Well, if that isn’t a loaded question, I don’t know what is. The truth of the matter is that we all scrapbook differently and how we scrapbook should dictate how we set up our craft room which includes how we organize our supplies, papers, ideas, coloring tools, embellishments, tools and other items. This particular article will be geared towards paper crafters and not digital crafters as that is another whole set of considerations which we will address later.
It does not matter whether you have a large or small, dedicated or shared space, a well thought out space is what is the key to being able to:
- Spending the least amount of time organizing and more time creating
- Finding your object in 30 seconds or less
- Being able to maintain a home for everything in your craft room, thus decreasing the clutter
Keep in mind, that as your crafting interests change, your inventory organization may need to change as well. This is not a “one and done” approach, but a continuous method of evaluating what works and what doesn’t. Also, remember to do what works for you. Your craft room does not need to be Pinterest worthy, only functional.
Your Creative 15 challenge this week is to take our survey to answer the following question:
- Document how you start your creative process, consider the following questions:
- Do you start with a photo?
- Do you start with a theme in mind?
- Do you start with a premade kit?
- Do you start with a particular manufacturer?
- Do you start with a special embellishment?
- Is there something else you start with?
- Head over to our SURVEY to log your answers by 05/31/2023 and enter to win a free stamp of the month.
Here are some key things for you to think about:
- How do you start a project?
- Do you start with photos, ideas (such as sketches), a story, a kit, papers, theme, manufacturer, special embellishments, etc?
- What is the first item you tend to grab when starting a project?
- This is the item we need to concentrate on first as it serves as the building block for your projects.
Subscribe to our newsletter & signup for our FREE classes to keep updated on all new organizational and scrapbooking posts.