Welcome to this week’s Motivational Monday where we will create handmade embellishments from scraps. Have you ever wondered what to do with those cute but very small pieces of paper you have left over from a kit and that you generate daily? I absolutely dislike throwing paper away especially when its as cute as this MEMORY LANE kit.
My embellishments from scraps after I have die cut them.I wanted to find a way to use up my scraps and turn them into something that I could use on my layouts to embellish my layouts, greeting cards, planner and memory journal.
Here is what I did:
- Start with a 4×6 notecard (or other scrap of that size)
- As I cut up the kits for either cards, memory journal or scrapbook layouts, I put all of the smaller pieces into a enamel tray.
- Once I get a good amount of them, I then adhere them to the 4×6 using mod podge and then watercolor them with our inks.
- One final layer of mod podge over it all and then they are ready to be die cut.
- I die cut the 4×6 collage into wonderful tags and other shapes.
- After die cutting I sprinkled some acrylic ink on top to add some sparkle
I would love to see what you create with this handmade embellishments from scraps technique. Tag any embellishments you create with the tag #STHandmadeEmbellishments
Full Supply List:
- 4×6 Plain Notecard
- CC72353 Memory Lane Paper Pack – This is a special promotion and will expire on August 31, 2023.
- Book Pages
- Mod Podge – (I use Matte finish but you could use any finish)
- Water Brush – I prefer the medium for this, but you could use small as well
- Liquitex Acrylic Ink
- Die-cutting & Embossing Machine
- Z1279 – VersaMat
- Thin Cuts:
- Z4617 – Stitched Heart (Retired)
- Z4641 – All Purpose Tags
- Z4182 – Stitched Hearts (Retired)
- All links are affiliate links at no cost to you to help me to provide all the free content on this website.
Subscribe to our newsletter & signup for our FREE crops, classes, challenges & technique videos to keep updated on all new organizational and scrapbooking posts.