Welcome to Scrapbook Technique’s April edition of tips and tricks for your memory keeping which includes our BRAND NEW free scrapbooking page planner. I am so excited to begin a new class format this month and bring you even more tips and tricks for getting your scrapbooking pages done quicker and easier.
For April 2023, we are going to focus on the following scrapbooking tips and techniques:
- How you capture your memories
- Planning your scrapbooking layouts
- Learn how to shop your scrapbook inventory to mix in older products with your new products by using our free page planner
- We will also get into an in depth discussion of how to organize, store and catalog your stamp collection to make as much use of them as you can.
Here are the details for April:
- Kit of the Month – Cosette by Close To My Heart
- Color of the Month – Mulberry
- Techniques – New technique videos released each week on Wednesdays to assist you with completing the weekly challenge
- Creative 15 – Planning your Scrapbooking layouts using our free Scrapbook Page Planner
- Organizational Tip – How to store, organize, and catalog clear stamps
- Challenges – Every Monday, come play along with our new Weekly challenges to get you into your craft room and preserving those memories – Each participant posting with the hastag #ScrapbookTechniques2023 will be entered into a random drawing to win the May Stamp of The Month: Little Stinkers
- Craft With Heart Scrapbooking Video – Saturday – April 8 post
- Open Crop with Blind Scrap challenge – Sunday – April 23 – 12pm to 4pm MST (come and go as you need to)
Download our Free Scrapbooking Page Planner
This Free Scrapbook Page Planner is designed with a place for you to plan either a one or two page scrapbook layout as well as a step by step guide of gathering everything you need to complete your page(s). Purchase, download the PDF and print on letter sized paper (best for readability).
- Supplies – Where is this scrapbook layout going?
- What size of scrapbook album will you put this in?
- Do you need room for additional photos using Flip flaps
- Will this page go into a page protector
- Focal points – What is the main focus of this scrapbook page?
- Do you need to gather any memorabilita?
- What size and how many photos are there?
- What wonderful memory do you want to document?
- What type of paper do you need to create this project?
- This list helps you to remember that there is more than just 12×12 cardstock and patterned paper – Pick something you have not used in a while
- Is there a particular challenge that this layout was created for? See our WEEKLY CHALLENGES
- Are you working through a CLASS that this layout will be used for?
- Is there a particular color scheme that you would like to try?
- Are you working through a How To Book like THESE?
- Did you want to scraplift a layout you saw in a Scrapbooking magazine?
- Do you have a huge board of PINTEREST images that are just waiting to be scraplifted?
- How about a huge list of Titles that are just waiting to be used?
- Lets not forget about your favorite YouTube creators as well.
- What #ScrapbookTechniques have you been wanting to try? We have many scrapbook techniques available for you to try.
- Are there any particular colors you want to use? Maybe a color in your photo? Maybe a color to convey the mood of the memory?
- What amazing tools do you have laying around that need to be used? We have a long list for you to choose from.
- Coloring tools
- Don’t forget your mixed media to add texture and interest to your layout. Lots of options to choose from
- Get that product out of your stash and get it on your layouts – They will always make more!!!
To download our pdf Free Scapbooking page planner, CLICK HERE to be taken to our Specialty Store.
Subscribe to our newsletter & signup for our FREE classes to keep updated on all new organizational, challenges and scrapbooking video technique posts.
Check out our classes for new online classes always being posted.